General Standard Conditions of Sale
- The Company is registered in England and Wales under company number 8361999, our VAT number is 156192796 and our registered office is at 25 Southampton Buildings, London WC2A 1AL. Our main trading address is also 25 Southampton Buildings, London WC2A 1AL.
- All purchases with Access Security Cards Limited (herein referred to as “Accesscards”) by its customers (herein referred to as “Customer”) will be governed by these general standard conditions of sale unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- In no event shall Customer's general terms & conditions of sale be included in any contract, and the sending of the order by the Customer is deemed as acceptance of Accesscards’ terms & conditions.
- All quotations to the Customer are valid for 30 days from the quotation date.
- Should the Customer wish to change the specification, then Accesscards reserves the right to re-quote.
- After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging that we have received your order.
- Any Customer order will not have been deemed accepted until an additional email is sent confirming the acceptance of the total or part(s) of the order and the indication of the delivery date(s).
- You will be sent a separate notice confirming that the good(s) have been dispatched (the dispatch confirmation)
- The contract will relate only to those goods to which we have confirmed acceptance. We will not be obliged to supply any other goods which may have been part of your order until we have forwarded you our acceptance (3.2)
- Where Accesscards recommends goods and/or services to meet the Customer's specific requirements, Accesscards shall be entitled to assume that the Customer has given Accesscards all relevant information as to the requirements and circumstances of the intended use for the goods and/or services. Provided that Accesscards’ recommendation is a reasonable one to make on those assumptions, the Customer shall bear the risk that the goods and/or services supplied may prove to be unsuitable for its purposes under the actual conditions of their application, use or storage.
- Cancellation of order: All purchase orders placed by the Customer shall be deemed firm and binding.
- The Customer will not have any right to cancel a contract for the supply of any goods made to the Customer’s specifications.
- No other right to cancellation is permitted.
- It is acknowledged that Accesscards orders goods from third party suppliers. In the event that the Customer attempts to cancel the contract, or fails to pay Accesscards, then the Customer shall indemnify the supplier against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by the Supplier in connection with ordering or providing such goods, including the costs of purchasing the goods from a third party supplier and transportation of the same. This clause shall survive termination of the contract.
- The prices agreed upon include value added tax (VAT) applicable at the day of delivery.
- The cost of Accesscards’ standard packaging is included in the price. Any specific packaging required by the Customer will be added at cost.
- The prices quoted are not always representative of current prices, and Accesscards reserve the right to amend the prices if this is applicable at the time of order.
- Invoices shall be paid to Accesscards in full 30 days net after the issue date. Customer accounts are opened subject to approval of satisfactory references and (unless otherwise agreed by Accesscards in writing) the terms of payment shall be net cash monthly account due and payable 30 days from the invoice date or otherwise stated. Accesscards shall be entitled to submit its invoice with its delivery advice note at any time thereafter save that where delivery has been postponed at the request of or by the default of the Customer. Accesscards may then submit its invoice at any time after the goods are ready for delivery or would have been ready but for the request or default of the Customer
- Accesscards will take payment from the Customer’s card at the time it receives the Customer’s order, once we have checked your card details and availability of materials to meet your specifications. In the event that we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you as soon as possible and a full refund will be given where goods have been paid for.
- Accesscards shall be entitled to charge interest that will accrue from day to day, at the rate of 4% per annum until outstanding invoices are paid in full. The interest will be calculated from the due date to the date of actual payment. In addition Accesscards will have the right to cancel delivery with the Customer on any outstanding orders, pursuant to the corresponding order or to any other order, until full payment with interest is received.
6. Reservation of Ownership
- Accesscards maintains ownership of all products, even if they have been delivered to the Customer, until the order has been fully paid for.
- Any delivery times given by Accesscards are given in good faith and are an estimate only, and not a term of contract between Accesscards and the Customer. Accesscards will not be liable for any delay or consequential loss however such delay may be caused. 7.2 Delivery is ex works. Accesscards will deliver the goods by postage or courier; risk of loss and damage of the goods shall pass to the customer from when the goods are put in the post box or collected by the Courier. Accesscards accepts no liability for damage to or loss or shortage of any goods throughout the course of delivery or for any loss or damage (including loss of profit and consequential loss) arising directly or indirectly therefrom.
8. Warranty Period
- The warranty period is six (6) months from date of delivery.
- Any discrepancies or defects in the order shall not be accepted unless reported to Accesscards in writing within two (2) weeks of arrival of goods at destination.
- Accesscards’ warranty is strictly limited to:
- The replacement of cards, or
- The refund of the products' value to the Customer, provided that the goods are confirmed as defective by Accesscards, and only if the total accumulated failure rate exceeds 1% for each delivery batch during the warranty period.
- Any defective goods must be returned to Accesscards with a report from the Customer detailing the alleged defect.
- The warranty does not cover:
- Products which have been damaged by the Customer or which have been stored under abnormal conditions (mechanical, electrical, thermal etc).
- Products that are incorrectly adjusted or defective when this results from use in excessive operating conditions (sundry temperatures, voltage and supply limits). Accesscards does not warrant that the products will be resistant to all possible attacks and shall not incur any liability in this respect. Under no circumstances shall Accesscards be held liable for any third party actions and in particular in case of any successful attack against systems or equipment’s using cards provided by Accesscards.
- Accesscards disclaims any express warranty not provided herein and any implied warranty, whether by law, statutory or otherwise, guaranty or representation as to performance, quality and absence of hidden defects, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Liability in connection with any goods purchased through Accesscards is strictly limited to the purchase price of those goods.
9. Written Communication
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.